Diabetes Management Workshop
If you have type 2 diabetes, you’re not alone. More than 100 million American adults are currently living with diabetes or prediabetes.
This common disease comes with the risk of serious health problems—like heart disease, blindness, and damage to your nerves, feet, kidneys, as well as Alzheimer’s disease, memory loss and related dementias. But there’s a lot you can do to manage your diabetes and help prevent these problems. And we can help.
HOW WE’LL HELP YOU
This workshop meets for 2.5 hours, one day each week for a total of 6 weeks.
Our small-group workshops are led by specially-trained professionals. Vermonters who’ve completed the program say they’ve seen big improvements—like eating better, feeling less depressed, and having a better relationship with their health care team.
Your workshop leaders and fellow participants will guide and support you to:
- Solve problems and create plans for action
- Make healthier eating choices
- Get more physical activity into your daily life
- Better monitor your blood sugar levels
- Prepare for how to safely monitor and manage your diabetes during times of illness
- Find ways to manage your stress
- Be an active partner in working with your health care team
Our workshops are free of cost for all participants. That’s because we’re committed to making sure all Vermonters have access to expert advice and proven strategies to take control of their health.
THIS WORKSHOP MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOU
If you’ve been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes