High Blood Pressure Management Workshop
About 1 in every 4 Vermont adults has been told they have high blood pressure. High blood pressure means the force of blood flowing through your blood vessels is consistently too high. If left untreated, it can damage your circulatory system and lead to serious problems, such as heart attack, stroke, kidney damage or brain health complications, such as memory loss and confusion.
The good news is there’s a lot you can do to manage your high blood pressure and help prevent these problems. And we can help.
HOW WE’LL HELP YOU
The High Blood Pressure Management Workshop (also known as Health Coaches for Hypertension Control) is a proven, small group program developed to help participants ages 18 and older take control of managing their high blood pressure at home.
This workshop meets weekly for 1.5 hours, for 8 weeks.
Your trained lifestyle coach and fellow participants will guide and support you to:
- Learn the basics of controlling your high blood pressure
- Learn how to monitor your blood pressure at home
- Make healthier eating choices
- Get more physical activity in your daily life
- Help you quit smoking or tobacco, if applicable
- Reduce stress and stay motivated
- Better manage blood pressure medications
- Solve problems and create plans for action and change
This workshop is free to participants. That’s because we’re committed to making sure all Vermonters have access to expert advice and proven strategies to take control of their health.
THIS WORKSHOP MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOU
- Are 18 years or older
- Have been diagnosed with high blood pressure (hypertension)
A support person of someone with high blood pressure is welcome to join.